This course teaches the fundamentals of developing iOS applications using version 2 of the Swift programming language.
The course is in 10 units: the first six cover the Swift language itself; the last four concentrate on the core view controller architecture of an iOS app.
At the end of the course, you ll be able to write iOS applications that use tables, hierarchical and tabbed navigation, and understand the principles behind developing any iOS application.
The course will be complimented with shorter sessions on the various extension frameworks at a later date, including SpriteKit, SceneKit, HealthKit, WatchKit, etc.
– Introduction to working with Xcode
– Data types, optionals, and tuples
– Collection types: arrays, sets, and dictionaries
– If statements and loops
– functions and closures
– Classes and structures
– Stored and computed properties
– Inheritance in Swift
– Introduction to iOS
– Model – View – Controller and its role in iOS programming
– Navigation controllers and segues
– Tab bar controllers
– Table view controllers
– Using various cell sty les
– Using headers and footers
– Grouping vs. plain table styles
– Indexing a table view
– A case study: NoteTaker: Showing the full development of an app from start to finish in seven lessons.
Courses : 14
Specification: Getting Started with iOS 9 Development
7 reviews for Getting Started with iOS 9 Development